Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Speaking of Fun Folds...

Yesterday I showed you a Corner Pocket Card, and today I have another fun-fold for you.  This uses a 5-1/2" x 12" piece of Designer paper (any color/pattern will work) and allows you to show off both sides of the paper.  This was another of my cards for February's Cards-by-Mail, and there were several color combinations to work with.  I used the the SAB FREE-with-$100 offering, Dandy Designs.  I also used the Thanks a Bunch stamp set, another SAB item, but any stamp set would work with this.


Isn't that cute?  I had such fun putting this together!

Starting with a piece of DSP measuring 5-1/2" x 12", I scored it at 4", 6" and 8".  I folded it, alternating the folds - the 4" and 8" score lines are valley folds, and the 6" is a mountain fold (from the inside).  Then, folded into a card, the back side was adhered to a card base measuring 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" (standard size card).  The top and bottom edges of the DSP will match up with the top and bottom of the cardstock, leaving small borders on either side.


Two strips of either DSP or cardstock (in my sample, I used cardstock), measuring 1-3/4" x 5-1/2" were adhered to the inside between the 4" and 8" score lines (see sample above).  I stamped mine, but if using DSP, you can just let the coordinating pattern show.

And that's the fold - just a long piece of DSP, scored and folded and adhered to the cardstock base.  

Now you get to decorate:


I chose to show off these cute carrots; stamped on Basic White cut with the Stitched Rectangle dies, and layered over a slightly larger piece of Granny Apple Green, it was tied up with Linen Thread.

The greeting was stamped on a piece of Basic White with both edges punched with the Happy Labels Pick a Punch, laid on top of a coordinating piece of cardstock that is slightly longer and punched on both ends.  


And since my inside strips were cardstock, I chose to add a few more carrots.  You can never have too many carrots!  


I'm sorry I didn't get to show this card while Sale-a-Bration was still going on, as the paper and the stamp set are both unavailable now.  But you can use any DSP and any stamps to create this fun-fold card, so have fun!


Product List

No comments: