Combining Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper with the Happy Birthday Thinlits dies makes celebrating a cinch! And it's a perfect "masculine" card, which is always a challenge for me.
This card also has a pretty embossed detail:
Can you see the embossing of the Night of Navy strip?
Let's break it down:
1. Card base is Night of Navy.
2. I cut the Garden Impressions DSP into two pieces and mounted it on a skinny layer of Very Vanilla.
3. Using the Big Shot Embossing Mats and the Stained Glass Thinlits, I embossed (instead of cutting - how cool!) the center of the Navy card base. Then I mounted the layered DSP strips around the embossed area.
4. "Happy Birthday" was cut twice - once in Very Vanilla and again in Night of Navy. Using the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets made it easy to mount them together, slightly off-set to create a "shadow" behind the vanilla letters.
5. The sentiment was mounted to the card using pieces of Mini Dimensionals.