Monday, March 6, 2023

Corner Pocket Card

One of my favorite Sale-a-Bration items was the Dainty Flowers Designer Series Paper.  Sadly it sold out just before the end of SAB, but I had been fortunate to have a few packs of it, so I used it for a Cards-by-Mail offering last month.  I had seen a corner pocket card by Jodi Peterson on a demo website, and since my customers often like to try new fun-folds, I thought we'd use this beautiful paper to create one.


This is a very easy fun-fold, but it looks harder than it is.  

I started with a piece of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" cardstock (Starry Sky), and a piece of 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" DSP.  On the bottom left corner of the DSP, I measured 3-1/4" up and towards the center, and sliced off the triangle.  Then I adhered the larger piece of the DSP to the cardstock


It looks like the picture above.

I cut a 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" square of the Starry Sky (yes, my photo above used a Rich Razzleberry base - it was for a sample for my Card Club), and cut it in half, on the diagonal.  I put Tear & Tape Adhesive on the two shorter sides, and placed it directly over the "missing piece" of the DSP:


If you look closely, you'll see where the pieces overlap - corners, bottom and side edges are flush.

Then I added my DSP triangle to the corner, matching up the floral design and leaving a skinny border around it:


This created a pocket for a mini card:


The mini card is created from a 3" x 8" piece of the DSP, folded in half, and adhered (the back part) to a piece cardstock measuring 3-1/4" x 4-1/4".  


A piece of Basic White (2-3/4" x 3-3/4") allows you space for your greeting inside.


And tucked in for "traveling":


It fits in a standard envelope.

Such a lovely fun-fold idea, and it could be made using ANY patterned paper.  

I hope you'll give it a try!


 

Product List

No comments: