Monday, March 27, 2023

Treat Trug

I happened upon Liz Shannon's tutorial for creating a garden trug (usually an open wooden box with a handle for carrying flowers and/or garden tools).  I thought it was adorable, and made my own:


 Cute?  I think so!


I followed Liz' directions with a few exceptions.  Since most trugs are made of wood, I wanted mine to look like it was too, so I embossed panels for the front and sides with the Timber embossing folder.


This is quite a sturdy little box!  

I decorated mine with daffodils (from the Daffodil dies).  I am SO ready for spring!


I needed a treat box for my Sunday class (I had made Mini Pocket Envelopes from the dies, and filled them with Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Bunnies).


There is a divider in the box, so it worked well:



You can probably imaging that my ladies were thrilled when they saw it.  Unfortunately I didn't share the directions for creating it, but they DID get to take their treats!  

There is about one month left for items in the 2022-23 Annual Catalog and the January - April 2023 Mini Catalog.  I suspect some of these items will soon be retired.  So if you have favorites (Daffodil dies, Mini Envelopes dies, Timber embossing folder) you may want to get your hands on them now.  Click the pic below and go straight to my online store!


Product List

No comments: