Thursday, March 23, 2023

Whiskey Business

 I'm still guessing about retiring stamp sets, and here's another.  I needed a birthday card for my son-in-law, and thought this would be perfect:


Every time my husband and I visit my daughter and family, my son-in-law has a special whiskey, Scotch or Bourbon, to enjoy with my husband.  They spend evenings discussing the qualities of the drink, and sit together raising a glass.  😄. It's a nice tradition.

So what would be better than a whiskey card?  


Whiskey Business has been around for awhile, so I'm guessing that it will soon be gone to that great stamp storage in the sky.  But it's a great set, and I've had fun using it.

For this card I pulled out the Enjoy the Adventure Memories & More Cards & Envelopes.  I'm pretty certain these will be retired, as paper products don't usually carry over.  But these lovely pre-printed cards, slightly oversized, are great for building a greeting,  

Here, I first figured out my sizes of black frames.  I cut the larger with the Fabulous Frames dies, and the smaller with the new Radiating Stitches dies (from the OnLine Exclusives - have you checked them out yet?).  then I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to fit inside the smaller frame and stamped the glasses (I masked the one on the right in order to make it look like it's in front of the other).   


The bottle was stamped and colored using Stampin' Blends, then fussy cut with my Paper Snips.

The inside greeting (Happy Birthday) is from A Grand Kid - betcha that will disappear soon too 😭 (I use that one a lot!).  And for the outside, I stamped a sentiment from Whiskey Business and cut it into strips.


So a last play with Whiskey Business as I wish Brandon a very happy birthday!

And now I'll get excited about all the new things, coming soon!  😊



Product List

No comments: