Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Spec-Taco-Lar!

 Do you remember the Scrappy Strip Technique?  One of my favorite ideas for using up small strips of cardstock (something we all have, right?).  So continuing our Fiesta Week (I'm highlighting Taco Fiesta all week long), I have a fun, Scrappy Strip card for you today.  


It' a party in a card!  

If you were to ask me how I got this card started, I would have to say "I have no idea".  😕 I think I was thinking about the Mexican flag...and somehow morphed into a Scrappy Strip background of flag colors.  And then I checked the flag, and found that there isn't any yellow in it (it's red, white and green!  So much for my knowledge of international flags!  😩).  So who knows where this came from???  But I liked the fun background, so I decided to just go with the flow...

Anyway, I made a bright-colored background and then cut holes in it (I figured out what image would go where, and matched the size of the cut-outs to fit).  I used the Stylish Shapes dies for the openings.



I lined each cut-out with a tiny lining of coordinating color.  Then, using a pencil, I lined up my top layer with a piece of Basic White underneath, and lightly traced the inside of the holes so I would know just where to stamp.  Then the Scrappy Strip layer was set aside.


The images were stamped and colored with Blends, the greetings were stamped and the banner image was topped with a little sombrero - what fun!  And then my Scrappy Strip layer was added on top with Dimensionals. 



And it's all finished with a few Pastel Adhesive-Backed Sequins...Ole!

Taco Fiesta is the cutest set in the January - April 2023 Mini Catalog, and it's available now!  Grab it while you can...shop here!


Product List

No comments: