Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Gingham for Baby

 Who else thinks that gingham is the perfect pattern for babies?  ✋

So when I needed a baby card, I pulled out my lovely Country Gingham Designer Series Paper and went to work.  


Eek!  So sweet!  I almost have sugar overload!!


I started by stacking three colors of the gingham (Balmy Blue, Mint Macaron and Petal Pink) so that the patterns were matched up.  Then I cut them (still stacked) to 4" x 5-1/4".  I measured down 2-3/4" (halfway) and cut from the top right corner to my half-way point on the left side; then I cut from the lower right corner to the half-way point on the left.  this gave me triangular-shaped pieces that I was able to put together, matching up the pattern.

I cut a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Basic White cardstock, and added my triangles to cover it--this gave me a layer for my card front.  


I wanted to use this greeting from Charming Sentiments, but I needed a layer to make it pop - a 1" piece of Mint Macaron (to match the card base) with a 3/4" piece of Balmy Blue did the trick.  If I was making this for a girl, I would have exchanged the Balmy Blue for Petal Pink.


Proof that the Country Bouquet stamps and punch are good for more than Valentines!  Wrapped with a tiny bow of Balmy Blue and White Variegated Ribbon, these hearts make a sweet focal point!


The January - April 2023 Mini Catalog will only be around for another few weeks, and once the Retiring List comes out next week, these products will fly off the shelves.  So be sure to pick up your favorites soon! 


Product List

No comments: