Wednesday, March 8, 2023

A CASE of Anonymous

Oh boy...confession time...

I snapped a photo of a card (as I am wont to do) and I would love to give credit to the original artist, but the person's name is cut off the bottom of my photo.  I try so hard to include it, but somehow must have been in a hurry and only the very top edge is visible.  AND...it's not a moniker that I recognize.  So...my apologies to the originator of this card, but it's a beauty!

When CASEing cards, I usually try to change them up, even just a little, to make it my own.  In this case, it was truly a perfect card (in my opinion) but I did make a few changes that I really like.  So here's the card:


 There were no measurements for this, so I just had to wing it.  I started with Thick Basic White and added a layer of Petal Pink.  The next layer, Basic White, is embossed with the Seashells embossing folder (my addition).  


Several circles were cut with the Stylish Shapes dies using By the Bay Designer Series Paper.  And some of the shells, from Seaside Bay dies, were cut with Soft Succulent and Petal Pink. 


The greeting was heat-embossed with gold, a nice accent to the gold highlights in the DSP.


And I finished with a few Pastel Adhesive-Backed Sequins, also in gold.


So I'm saying thank you to the original designer of this card...what's that they say about "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" (Oscar Wilde)?  I hope the original artist is flattered!  


Product List

No comments: