Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Simply Striking

Whew it's been a busy weekend!  About two weeks ago, my son from the Sacramento area in CA called to tell us that he and his family were missing us.  He asked if we could come for a short visit.  Well, naturally we said yes!  But we had a birthday celebration a week ago for my sister, who came for a visit to our home for the first time in 4 years (long story!), and we took her to Astoria for the weekend, where her husband was playing in a concert.  So we planned our CA trip this past weekend.  

And it was wonderful!  We have four grandkids there - Ethan is 12, Jacob is 10, Charlotte is 6 and Matilyn is 4.  So we were busy and loved and extremely fulfilled for 3 days...but we came home exhausted!  Can anyone relate?  😉

Fortunately just before we left, I created a VERY simple card, just for fun and experimentation, so I had this ready for today's post:


 We are coming to the end of the 2022-23 Annual Catalog, so I am pulling out some stamps that I think may retire, for one last play.  I have loved Artistically Inked, but haven't used it recently, and it may just disappear when the new catalog makes an appearance, so...


This card is very different for me.  It's bold - the colors, the size of the stamped images, the greeting.  And yet it's simple - #simplestamping, with just stamps, ink and paper (oh, and a few jewels).  

I used the large flower stamp from the set, stamping it multiple times in rainbow colors - Real Red, Crushed Curry, Mango Melody, Parakeet Party, Starry Sky and Orchid Oasis, overlapping the images.  I used Shimmery White cardstock - you can't see the shimmer here, but it's there "in person".  And then I splashed (flicked) Wink of Stella over the card for a few more sparkly highlights.


Once done, I layered it on Parakeet Party and Starry Sky - such a great color combination!  


I think this card is simply striking!  How about you?

As mentioned above, the 2022-23 Annual Catalog will be retiring at the end of April.  As is usual, there will be many retiring products - stamps, accessories and INK COLORS!  

Yes, we are having a color re-fresh this year.  Stampin' UP! will be retiring colors other than just the 2021-23 In Colors (I am expecting around 12-15 additional colors changing, but that is ONLY a guess on my part).  So if you have favorites that you just can't live without, now would be a good time to purchase your ink refills, cardstock and any coordinating accessories in your favorite colors.  'Cause once they are gone, they are gone - and we all know how quickly retiring colors fly off the shelves!  If you snooze, you lose!  

Shop for your favorites now; here's a link to my store.  I appreciate your business!  


Product List

No comments: