Saturday, June 25, 2022

Cottage Wreaths Sneak Peek

 Who doesn't love a nice, pretty wreath, especially around the holidays?  

When I saw Cottage Wreaths and the Country Wreaths dies I knew I was going to have a little fun with them.  Look:


I'm not really ready for Christmas yet, but I loved the greeting (from another new set, Very Best Occasions), and decided to go for a holiday wreath.  It's a DistINKtive stamp, so inking it with just one color gives you the variation you see here:


After stamping the wreath in Soft Succulent, I cut it with the dies.  I also stamped and cut the bow.  And do you see that Deckled Rectangle frame?  Sitting on my desk - a left-over from another project, and it just looked right for this card.  


The greeting was stamped directly on the Designer Paper - the Gingham Cottage paper has 48 sheets of marvelous plaids in many colors - just perfect for a year of card-making!  

And do you see those little red dots in the holly?  Another new item - Pearlized Enamel Effects in Real Red (you get three colors in one package!).  Now you can add little enamel dots to anything you want, and  make them as small or as large as you want.  


After I was done with the Christmas card, I began thinking about other holidays.  So how about this:


Using just the dies, I created a patriotic wreath for 4th of July.  


Real Red strips were added to the card front to simulate a flag; the greeting, also from Very Best Occasions, was masked (the stamp says "endlessly grateful") and stamped in Pacific Point.

So there you have it!  Two wreaths, one stamped and one created just from the dies, for two holidays 6 month apart!  I love getting multiple uses from stamps and dies!  As I said, I'll be creating with this set all year long...

Are you excited about the July-December Mini Catalog yet?  It goes "live" in just another week, so c'mon back for more ideas over the next few days.

Need a Mini Catalog?  I'd love to be your Stampin' UP! demonstrator; contact me to find out how you can get a FREE copy.


Product List

No comments: