Thursday, June 9, 2022

Christmas in June

Because I LOVE the Texture Chic patterned paper and wanted to play with it today, I also pulled out the new Season of Chic stamps.  I've already made a few cards with these products (you can see them here and here) but I've only used the seashell stamps and dies.  And there are other "seasons" represented in the stamps - flowers for spring/summer, leaves for autumn and snowflakes for winter.  

When examining the patterned paper (which has lovely gold foil accents on one side of all the papers!) I got looking at the back of the papers too.  And I found one that I fell in love with (again!):


 The colors got to me first - Soft Succulent with hints of Evening Evergreen  and Basic Gray.  And there are snowflakes scattered about; some in white and some in gray.  There is no gold foil on this piece, but I think it's stunning!


The snowflakes made me pull out a Christmas stamp:  Christmas to Remember.  I stamped the greeting in Evening Evergreen on Soft Succulent cardstock using the Stamparatus.  This little stamp positioning tool is really helpful when stamping on colored cardstock.  You frequently have to stamp twice to get a good, dark image, and the Stamparatus will help you line up the repeated stamping perfectly.  Once stamped, I then stamped it again (and again) using Versamark ink, and heat-embossed it with Clear embossing powder.  This gave me a shiny greeting, looking like I embossed it in Evening Evergreen!  So pretty!


The Chic dies have a "fishnet"-looking die, which I used to cut some retired White Glimmer paper and there are also snowflakes.  I cut a few from the same retired paper, but wanted a smaller one - retired Snowfall dies to the rescue!  


Look at that embossing effect!  


Here in Oregon we are still experiencing record rainfall, and spring has hardly sprung!  But here I am making Christmas cards in June!  Oh how some pretty paper can inspire!  😄  

Why not pull out your pretty papers and make something new?  

Need paper?  I'd love to help; I'm just an email away, or you can shop in my on-line store, 24-hours a day! And thank you!  


Product List

No comments: