Saturday, June 11, 2022

A Shaky Birthday

Ever create a shaker card?  My grandson, Declan, turns 6 today, and I thought he would enjoy a shaker card:


 Candles on the front and lots of little "bits" inside to shake around (in fact, before he opened it, he was shaking it in the envelope and asking what was making "that noise").  


I love the greetings and the these little candles - from the Charming Sentiments stamps and Sentiment Silhouette dies.  Such fun!  

I used some retired paper from the Sunshine & Rainbows pack to line the inside of the shaker and the outside of the card.  The bright colors are Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo and Mango Melody.


I adhered some Granny Apple Green cardstock to the back of the patterned paper, then cut it with the Stitched Rectangle die.  There is a piece of Window Sheet glued to the back, and it's popped up using Foam Adhesive Strips.   This gave me room to add the shaker bits (retired Ice Cream Corner sprinkles and Sequins for Everything) inside.  


Shaker cards are so fun for kids!  But I think the adults love them too!  😊



Product List

No comments: