Saturday, June 4, 2022

A Card for Hannah

 Today is my youngest granddaughter's birthday.  Hannah is turning 2 today, and my daughter-in-law has rented a "backyard pool" for the party.  Have you heard of this trend?  People who have lovely swimming pools are now renting them out so others can enjoy them too.  This will be a fun family party, and I know the kids will love swimming.  And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the relentless Oregon rain will stop for a few hours (although it's not looking very good).  But we'll be wet anyway, right?  😎

To commemorate this special day I made Hannah a special card:


A Cookie Monster for Hannah!  

This is an over-sized card, 5-3/4" x 6".  I used a piece of 12" x 12" Basic White for the base, but since it is a bit flimsy (I much prefer Thick Basic White for card bases) I used lots of layers.

Layer 1 - Some new Parakeet Party (my absolute favorite new In Color!) patterned paper.  


Next came Thick Basic White with the Stitched with Whimsy die-stitching around the edges.  This gave me a bit more "heft" to the card and I love that stitching!

And then there's the Cookie Monster:


Pacific Point cardstock cut with a Sizzix Scalloped Circle die (non-Stampin' UP!), with some circle die-cuts for the mouth and eyes.  

So happy Nothing's Better Than is still around!  I love the coffee, cocktails, and cookies, which I stamped and cut with the Love You More Than dies.   Of course there are TWO cookies - for Hannah's age!



I pulled out my "vintage" Large Number dies for the number 2, cut in Polished Pink and popped up on Dimensionals.  


One more retired set of dies - Playful Alphabet - for the inside.  Gotta love the old stuff!  


Happy Birthday Hannah!  See you at the pool!


Product List

No comments: