Friday, May 20, 2022

Chic Season

I don't know about you, but I am SO ready for summer weather!  Here in Oregon, the rainy days continue after experiencing the "wettest April on record"...and I'm ready for the beach!

So in lieu of sunny weather, I reached for my new Season of Chic stamps, the Chic dies and some absolutely gorgeous new papers:  Texture Chic and Distressed Gold.  And look what happened:


OMG, I'm so in love!  

I first wanted to showcase this beautiful Texture Chic designer paper.  I cut a 3" x 4-1/4" piece of scrap cardstock and bordered it with Tear & Tape adhesive.  After removing the protective liner paper, I smooshed the piece face down in Gold Leafing to give the shiny edge to the cardstock.  Then I adhered a slightly smaller piece of the Texture Chic paper over the top, leaving the gold edges exposed.  Be still my heart!


This was attached to the Evening Evergreen card base, with a layer of Evening Evergreen (cut with the new Deckled Rectangle dies and embossed with the Painted Texture embossing folder). 💓 (beating heart!)


Then came the "decorating" - look at the beautiful fishnet.  The Distressed Gold paper was cut with one of the Chic dies (I only used half of it), and the greeting, stamped in Versamark and heat-embossed with Gold Embossing Powder on Soft Succulent cardstock was cut with the new Stylish Layers dies.  



The shell was stamped, embossed with gold and cut with a die, and the little shell was cut from the Distressed Gold paper.  So pretty!


All that was needed was a few jewels - the 2021-2023 In Color Opal Rounds were perfect!


Who's ready for the beach?


Product List

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! I’m waiting for my gold speciality paper that goes with this bundle!

Verna said...

what a beautiful card!!

Priscilla said...

I love the Gold Specialty paper! It’s beautiful and easy to work with. Enjoy!

Priscilla said...

Thanks so much, Verna! This is a gorgeous suite of products and I’m having fun playing with everything.

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with this card and the wonderful tip to save my gold leafing. I think you are wonderful!

Priscilla said...

Oh! So glad we saved your gold leafing! I know it can be a little finicky to work with but using Tear ‘n Tape adhesive does the trick for me. Always happy to help! Thanks for your comment.