Thursday, July 21, 2022

A Summer Wreath

 When I first saw the Cottage Wreath stamps and Country Wreath dies, I immediately thought "holiday"!  As I started creating, that's what I made, a holiday wreath.    


You can see the details of how I made this card here.  But then I wanted to use this set at my July Card Club, and thought "why not make it a summertime wreath?".  So I did:


Notice anything familiar?  

Yeah...it's the same design I used for my Christmas card, but making it in yellows changed the entire feel!


This time I used one another of the Gingham Cottage patterned papers (same design, different color) along with a So Saffron and Mint Macaron wreath.  AND, I only used the dies to make the wreath and the bow instead of stamping them first, as I had done in the first card.  



The lay-out is identical - Basic White card base, layer of Designer Paper with a Layering Circle cut out, Deckled Rectangle frame, wreath and greeting.  


But it has such a different feel!


Using different colors and stamps/dies with similar lay-outs can increase your ability to create without causing brain-overload!  Pull out one of your favorite cards and try making it again with a new image or color - you'll love the results!  

Product List

No comments: