Friday, July 22, 2022

A Beach Bridge Card

Have you heard of Bridge cards?  I don't mean a card game 😉 - I'm talking about a 3D card that can fold flat for mailing but pops up via a "bridge" across the front.  

Take a look: 

I saw a design lay-out with instructions and decided to try it.  This was my first attempt, and although I'm not thrilled with my final product, I loved the concept.  



I started with a piece of Thick Basic White cardstock cut to 4-1/4" x 8".  I then used a Blending Brush and a stencil (cut with the Basic Borders dies) to add clouds.  I have a video about making clouds here.  

The cardstock was then scored at 1-1/4", 2-1/2", 5-1/2" and 6-3/4".  And I stamped the wave from Waves of Inspiration in the center panel.



Then came the bridge - a piece of Basic White cut 1" x 5-1/2".  I attached one end to the left side of my card, then folded down one side in order to adhere the other end.



I finished by stamping the lighthouse and rocks from Lighthouse Point and cutting them with the Lighthouse dies.


I will surely try this fun-fold again.  It's easy, eye-catching, and something I'm sure a recipient will love!  


Product List

No comments: