Sunday, July 17, 2022

Designer Tags Swaps

 Last month I participated in a swap (exchanging cards) with a lovely group of Stampin' UP! demonstrators.  We were tasked with creating something using new products from the 2022-23 Annual Catalog.  I had just received the new Designer Tags dies, and decided I would try something different:


Rather different than my usual offerings, huh?  The Designer Tags dies has several (5) different tag pieces, along with elements to make them unique.  I started with the large tag, and placed the rose cut-out in the corner, cutting them together with Basic Black cardstock.


But to make it special, I also cut the rose pieces, using Real Red and Parakeet Party cardstocks.  Then I inlaid each of the red and green pieces into the space left in the black tag.  Tedious?  Yes, but it was also quite relaxing to place each piece.  And I love the outcome!


But I needed a background for my card, and decided on a technique - after embossing black cardstock with the Brick & Mortar embossing folder, I swiped the sheet with a Craft White ink pad, leaving a distressed brick look.  


I chose the Charming Sentiments bundle for my greeting.  I love that there are dies that perfectly outline each of the phrases!  

 

Two of my finished swaps.


And of course, the "infinity" photo...all the swaps lined up together!  Whew!  Big project, but I love the way they came out.  

Next week I'll share some of the swaps I received from the other demos.  It was a fun swap!



Product List

No comments: