Friday, July 29, 2022

Boo!

Who's ready for Halloween?

Not me!

But I did have fun creating a cute card to get me started:


 Earlier this week I shared a few cards that I made using the Candy Canes background die with the diagonal stripes.  One of the cards used Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Mossy Meadow (you can see it here), while another used Cherry Cobbler and Mossy Meadow (here).  So I still had a Pumpkin Pie piece and some black strips...that just said "Halloween" to me!


I adhered the Pumpkin Pie die-cut piece to Thick Very Vanilla, and then pieced in the black strips.  Then it was time to decorate:


I love the pumpkin from Hello Harvest!  After stamping and coloring with Blends, I hand-cut a little face.  He's resting on a bed of grass, cut with the Palms dies.  

And then I needed a greeting!  Nothing seemed just right until I saw the banner from the Rustic Pumpkin dies.  But the stamp says, "wishing you the loveliest day", which certainly would not do for my Halloween card!  So I masked the words with a little washi tape, inked up the stamp, removed the tape and stamped it on Pumpkin Pie cardstock, leaving just the outline of the banner.  

The letters for "BOO" are retired dies (Playful Alphabet) but fit just right on the banner.  And then there's that spider - a perfect embellishment - from the Cottage Wreath bundle.  



I promise this is the last of my stripey backgrounds (for now!).  But I couldn't resist - it's just so fun to play with!  

Do you have the Candy Canes dies?  I'd love to see what you do with the background!  


Product List

No comments: