Saturday, July 23, 2022

Time for a Wedding!

 My nephew is getting married today!  Ben and Taylor have been together for several years since meeting at Yosemite National Park.  I'm so happy for them and wanted to create a lovely card:


And since it's National Watercolor month (is that really a thing? 😊) I thought I'd try my hand at a little no-line watercoloring.  


I stamped the rosed from Happiness Abounds using Blushing Bride ink on Shimmery White paper.  Using a Waterpainter brush I added Blushing Bride ink watered down with the water in my brush.  I continued with the leaves, using Parakeet Party.  Once dry, the roses and leaves were cut with the Blossoming Happiness dies.  (Although you can't tell in this photo, I also painted Wink of Stella on the roses, which is why they look a little mottled - they really aren't; it's just the light on the Wink of Stella).  


I cut Watercolor paper with the Split Card Textures die and adhered some Parakeet Party glimmer paper behind it.  This was then popped up on Watercolor paper base using Dimensionals.


Sending love and very best wishes to Ben and Taylor today!  

Product List

No comments: