Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Thanks in Bermuda Bay

 It's retirement time, and this week I'm featuring the cards we made in my clubs this month, where we celebrated retiring colors. 

Here's one in Bermuda Bay, a color I am sad to see go!


This is also a fun-fold card.  The base color is Bermuda Bay.  It's cut to 5-1/2" x 6-1/2" and scored at 2-1/4".  This has a 2" x 5-1/4" piece of patterned paper (some left over from Sale-A-Bration).  

Then we have a flap of Bermuda Bay, cut to 3-1/2" s 3-1/4", with a 1/2" score on one side.  This piece is attached to the right side of the card base (under the Basic White inside), and folds over the front.  It has a piece of DSP cut to 2-1/2" x 3-1/4".

And then the top, focal point:


The focal point of the card is "thanks" cut with the Amazing Thanks dies.  The base layer is Bermuda Bay and the detailed word is Coastal Cabana.  



Here is the card when you first start to open it - you can see where the smaller flap meets up with the edge of the card on the right.

And fully opened:


Imagine my delight when I discovered the Pastel Adhesive-Backed Sequins have some in matching colors!  


I can remember when Bermuda Bay was added to the Core Colors - I was so happy!  I've loved it for several years, and will certainly miss it.  But just wait til you see some of the new colors, coming soon...I really won't be sad for too long!  

Be sure to check out the Last Chance List - these retiring products (many with severe discounts) are going fast!  


Product List

No comments: