Thursday, April 20, 2023

Dual Happy Birthdays!

 In my Cards-by-Mail class this month I was featuring retiring colors.  We made a card in Polished Pink.   And I really like the card.  So when it was time to prep for my in-home class, I decided we would make the same card.  But...I ran out of Polished Pink.  Pivot - I had the same patterned paper in Fresh Freesia!  

Here's the original:


Isn't that pretty?  So bright and cheery with the black, pink and Mango Melody (another retiring color) balloons!

But when I had to change colors, I decided to also change the stamp set.  I felt the Fresh Freesia was more elegant, softer toned, and "quiet".  So:


I think I actually like this one better!  

Both cards have a Thick Basic White base.  And both have a layer of the coordinating color.  Then we added a Basic White layer that measures 3-3/4" x 5".  But we also added some DSP to the corners.  


This created a fake "banner" in the center.  The white center is just the white layer of the card.  But with the triangle corners, it looks like we stamped on a banner.

The patterned paper is the Country Gingham 6" x 6" DSP from the January - April 2023 Mini Catalog.  I think there is still some left, and you should grab it if you can!  With 48 double-sided sheets of gingham designs in 4 colors, you'll have lots of gingham to brighten up your spring and summer cards!

I trimmed the paper to 3" x 3" squares, and cut them in half on the diagonal.  Then we just adhered them to the Basic White layer.


That elegant greeting is from Go To Greetings.  Stamped in Gorgeous Grape, it coordinates beautifully with the Fresh Freesia.  

And tho balloons!  Cute!  Cut with the Celebrations Tags dies in Fresh Freesia, Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape, they were embossed with the OnLine Exclusives Basic Embossing Folders. 

All that was left was to add some Glossy Dots in Gorgeous Grape for a little bling!


 Isn't it amazing how creating cards in different colors can make them look entirely different?  



Be sure to check out the Last Chance products list to see what discontinued items you can get at terrific savings!  Click here for more info. 

And be sure to look at the OnLine Exclusives!  The online only products will not be in catalogs, but can be yours if you shop online.  Find the link here.  


Product List

No comments: