Monday, April 3, 2023

It's Complicated

 Bored?  Tired of winter?  Have nothing to do?

I've got a solution!  Make one of these cards:


It should take you at least half a day!  😄

I saw a card on Facebook (this was NOT it) and it got me thinking.  So...I took a piece of Window Sheet, and cut it to 4-1/2" x 6".  Then I took Shimmer and Glimmer papers (Fine Shimmer and Ombre Specialty Papers) and cut a piece about 4-1/4" x 4".  I plastered Adhesive Sheets on the backs of each piece, and then cut them into 1/2" strips (it's important to make them all the same size).

Next, using Grid Paper to line everything up, I started laying down the strips on the Window Sheet, keeping them straight and leaving 1/4" space between each one.

Once done, I cut the Window Sheet with the colored strips lengthwise into 1/2" strips.  You should get about 8-9 long strips.  Again - important to keep them all the same width.


Next I took a piece of Basic White cardstock and cut it to 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", and used an Adhesive Sheet on the entire piece.  Then I started laying the strips in a diagonal pattern across the cardstock.  The only thing I wish I had done differently is to have used one or two more colors; mine kept lining up with the same colors 2-3 rows at a time.  But I still liked the random pattern.

After the entire piece was covered I trimmed it to 4" x 5-1/4" to layer on a Thick Basic White base.


Decorating this was a little challenging, as the background is so busy.  But Season of Chic to the rescue; I stamped the greeting in Gorgeous Grape, layered it on a Stylish Shapes piece of the Ombre paper, and cut a flower with the Chic dies.  


DO NOT try this at home if you don't have time or patience!  But if you just want to play with a unique background, give it a go!  The outcome may just be worth it!  😊


Product List

No comments: