Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Playing with Baby Wipes

Last week I showed you a card that I made using the Baby Wipe Technique.  This is where you fold up a baby wipe, drip some re-inker inks on the fold, and swipe it across your cardstock.   Using 3-4 colors on one baby wipe can give you a virtual rainbow design.  

Here are two pieces that I created:


One uses Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight and So Saffron.  The other uses Granny Apple Green, Parakeet Party, Soft Succulent and Mint Macaron.  Some of these colors will be retiring next month, so I thought I'd see what I could do with them.  And I LOVE the results.

So then what?  

You make a card!  

Last week (this card) used one of the yellow panels as a background.  This time I chose to cut out shapes using die-cuts, and I made two cards.  I'll show them to you today and tomorrow.

First:


OK, this came after I made the yellow and green panels.  I decided they would look great as a palm tree and a sun.  But then I needed water and sky.  More baby wipes!


On another piece of Basic White I used a baby wipe with Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay and Tahitian Tide inks.  OMG!  This one came out looking like the waters of a tropical beach!  I was so excited!

But then...I needed a sky, and somehow I do not have Balmy Blue and Pool Party ink refills!  What?!?  So, Plan B - I used my Water Painters, squished some ink in the lids of the two colors and painted a sky.  


And look at the sea foam along the shoreline!  A little Snowfall Accents Puff Paint did the trick!  

Then I used dies to cut the grass, the palm tree and the sun using my baby-wipe sheets.  Pretty!


C'mon back tomorrow when I show you another card using some of the yellow and green sheets I made using the Baby Wipe Technique.  And give it a try - it's a fun and easy (and slightly messy!) way to get some great texture on your creations!


Product List

2 comments:

little debbie said...

Great use of this technique!

Priscilla said...

Thank you so much! It was my first attempt, and I was surprised how easy it is. And by using different inks, you can get a lovely "rainbow" to use for die cuts!