Friday, April 14, 2023

Good Hoarding?

Is there such a thing as good hoarding?  

So just imagine this:  starting to create with something you've had for months and haven't even opened yet (can anyone relate?).  Coming up with an idea, only to find that none of your current products match what you are trying to create.  So you go through ALL your "stuff" and bingo!  You find something you like...and then realize it's old and no longer available.  Do you use it?

Of course you do!  That's why you've kept it all this time.  And now you know how this card came about:


 Now first let me apologize for the photo - this specialty paper has foil accents and metallic ink, and it's very hard to photograph.  So you'll see some light reflection that I wish wasn't there, but no matter how I placed it, some light reflected.

Check out that paper in the center of the card.  I received a pack of the Dry Brushed Metallic 12" x 12" Specialty paper in NOVEMBER!  And here it is in April, and the package is unopened.  What's wrong with me?  The paper is retiring in 2 weeks!

Anyway...I decided it was high time to use it!  So I started by using one of the Radiating Stitches dies to cut a piece; then I used the larger die from the same set to cut a piece of Soft Succulent (retiring) as a frame.  This allows the paper to do most of the "talking" for this card.


The card base is Evening Evergreen (also retiring), and it all looked beautiful.  But I needed a greeting.  What to use...


After perusing ALL my paper, I came across a small stack of some brushed metallic papers that came in gold, copper and something like champagne.  I don't know how old it is, but I kept the unused pieces, and it looked like a good match.  So I cut the circle with another die from Radiating Stitches, and centered a punched piece of Evening Evergreen on which I had Copper-embossed a stamp from Go To Greetings.

But I still needed something...


So I cut some more of the copper with the Harvest dies (again - retiring) for a lovely little accent.  And finished with some Brushed Metallic Dots (NOT retiring!).  


And that's when I realized that I really do NEED EVERYTHING in my craft room!  😉. I couldn't have completed this card without it all!  And I guess a little hoarding can be worth it!

Some of these products are still on the Last Chance list, but going fast.  Check it out here.  


Product List

No comments: