Monday, April 24, 2023

Better Late than Never?

Congratulations are in order!  To me!  

For finishing my FEBRUARY Paper Pumpkin!  😳

Does anyone else get all excited about the arrival of the monthly box, and then set it aside for ages?  Well, that is often the case with me.  If I don't have an immediate use for the projects the box contains, it can sometimes sit for months.  And then one day, I'll have some free time and nothing to do, and I pull out a box and...


 These were the three cards that were the "planned" projects for February.  There were three of each card.  And they are pretty cute.

Since I have a great-nephew (OMG, that always makes me sound SO old!) with a birthday coming up, I thought one of these cute, whimsical cards would be perfect for him.  

And while I was creating, I decided to make two of each of the cards.  

But then I had some leftover pieces...and I went a little rogue.


Subscribers may remember that the February box had (for the first time ever) an add-on of dies.  There were only two small dies in the pack, but one was for this cute frog, and the other cuts out the trio of flowers (the stamps were the included ones in the kit).  So I decided to have a little fun with the dies.


First I cut the card base with the Mango Melody squares in half, and cut the side with the frame to 4" x 5-1/4".  Then I played with the pieces until I liked what I had.


I watercolored a background on Shimmery White cardstock, using Tahitian Tide and Garden Green inks.  Then I stamped and fussy-cut the sun, and stamped, colored and cut the frog and flowers.  The kite was part of the kit (I love that!).


Pretty cute, right?

But then I had the other half of the Mango squares card base:


And I went totally rogue!  The card base is Mango Melody.  The piece with the squares is mounted to a slightly larger layer of Melon Mambo.  Then I cut up one of the envelopes included in the kit because the inside was gorgeous!  It's the top layer of Mango in a watercolor pattern.  And it's also mounted on Melon Mambo.


I punched three daisies with the medium Daisy Punch, topped it with a Mambo circle and cut two Parakeet Party leaves with a retired die.  


Just goes to show that with a little ingenuity, these Paper Pumpkin kits can be more than the suggested projects.  It's so fun to see what else can be made.  

Did you know that there is a Paper Pumpkin Fan Club page on FaceBook?  Anyone can join, and the projects are always amazing!  So fun to see what others create!

Now if only I could do it in the same month that the box arrived!  😁

But I guess "better late than never", right?



If you haven't yet subscribed to Paper Pumpkin, why not give it a try?  The May box is all about the new In Colors!  It has an "outdoor theme", and includes an ink spot of Copper Clay, one of the brand new In Colors making its debut in the new 2023-24 Annual Catalog.  

Click here for more info and to subscribe.  But do it by May 10th in order to receive the May box!


Product List

No comments: