Monday, August 1, 2022

A Week of Sunshine and Beaches

With some unprecedented heat here in Oregon, I've been spending time in my craft room staying cool.  And what better way to stay cool than to think about the sun and the beach?  So this week, in honor of the start of the last month of summer, I thought I'd bring you a week of sun and beach...cards showcasing some new products and some slightly older ones but all with the same general theme. 

Today it's all about sunshine - Hello Sunshine!


How is this for a bright and cheery card?  

First, the background, created with the Rays of Light stamp and Crushed Curry ink.  I used my Stamparatus, in case I needed to stamp it twice (something I often need to do with large background stamps) and imagine my delight when this gorgeous sunburst stamped perfectly the very first time!  

The stamp is large - I think it will cover an entire card front!  I stamped it on a full size piece of Basic White cardstock, but then cut it down to 3-3/4" x 5".  I wanted to layer it on a few other colors; it's on Melon Mambo, and check out the cute Starry Sky corners:


I cut the four corner pieces using the Fabulous Frames dies--two of the dies cut 4 corners (in two patterns) at once.  Easy peasy!  Normally I would have used these like photo corners, but I wanted a little pop of color behind my card, and these were perfect!


The greeting (what could be more perfect?) is from Sunny Splash (watch for more from this set later this week), and I used the flowers from Sending Smiles.


I love all the elements on this card, but it just got me started.  C'mon back all week for more Sunshine and Beaches cards!  And do what you can to stay cool! 😎


 

Product List

No comments: