Monday, August 8, 2022

A Merry Monday Fun-Fold

While perusing the internet for fun card samples, I happened upon a fun-fold card.  I wrote down the measurements, but failed to note the card-makers name.  Who does that?  😞 

And then I tried making the card, but it wasn't working for the standard envelope that I wanted to use (I believe the original maker was from Australia, where cards are a different size).   But I was determined, and so I played with the template until I was able to make it to fit my envelopes.  Take a look (measurements are below):


Now what I liked about the card was the extra layer in the middle:


It's a perfect opportunity to show off some of the beautiful designer papers that Stampin' UP! offers.  


When fully opened, it is a traditional-sized card - 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".

So here is how you make it:

Start with a cardstock base that is 5-1/2" x 10-3/4", and score it at 1-1/2", 4" and 6-1/2".  Fold the smallest edge (1-1/2") forward (as if you are closing a card), then fold the middle back on itself; add adhesive on the back sides of the middle piece and adhere, creating an extra folded flap in the center of the card.  


My card uses Evening Evergreen for the card base, and for a layer on the front (cut with Scalloped Contours dies).  The patterned paper is from the Texture Chic pack; I cut one strip 1-1/4" x 5-1/4" for the small flap on the front, and two pieces of 2-1/4" x 5-1/4" for the inside flap.  

The Scalloped Contours layer on the front is Evening Evergreen embossed with the Timeworn Type embossing folder.  The greeting, from Very Best Occasions, was stamped on a Stylish Shape circle using Evening Evergreen ink.  And the snowflakes, cut with the Chic dies, use Soft Succulent cardstock and Distressed Gold Designer Series Paper.



A Merry Monday Fun-Fold - can it get any better?


Product List

No comments: