Friday, August 26, 2022

Yet Another Birthday!

August is one of the busiest months in our family for birthdays!  My daughter, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters all have birthdays.  And I've shown you their cards, except for my daughter's.  Today is the day for Aly's (I mailed it late, but she should have it by now):


  Aly loves palm trees.  So what better card to make for her than one with palm trees on a beach? 

And I thought a new technique I learned (and taught at last week's Card Club) would add a nice touch.


So I started with the "water".  I masked off the bottom part of the card, where the "sand" would be and then I used Blending Brushes (on Shimmery White cardstock) to add Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point and Tahitian Tide inks in a random pattern.  Then I sprayed a piece of plastic wrap with water, and laid it directly on my cardstock, creating little wrinkles in the wrap.  After it dried, I removed the plastic, and had the sweet pattern on the cardstock.


Then it was time to create sand.  Another Blending Brush with Sahara Sand ink colored the bottom of the cardstock, meeting the water.  I also stamped a few of the "sand" stamp images using Crumb Cake ink (stamp from Oceanfront).  


Then I got a little "genius" - I used the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint to create a "foam" at the water's edge - just perfect!


Black palm trees were cut with the Palms dies; a shell from Friends are like Seashells was stamped and fussy-cut, and got a pearl embellishment, and some Faux Sea Glass pieces were added to the beach.


A pretty Chic shell in Distressed Gold finished up the inside of the card.


And that's it for my August birthday cards!  Whew!  

But c'mon back and see what we made in our Card Club this month.  Always something new...


Product List

No comments: