Thursday, August 25, 2022

Treats!

I love to send treats with my card packs for Cards-by-Mail each month.  

Last month I did a no-no.  I made cute little envelopes with the Mini Pocket Envelopes, and inserted some Hershey Miniature candy bars.  Really sweet!  

But...I got a message from one of my customers who informed me that the chocolates had melted and some of the card envelopes were ruined!  Oh no!  I quickly sent messages to all my customers, letting them know that I would replace any card pieces that were damaged, but happily, other than one other envelope getting messy, all were good...whew!  I was so disappointed!

And I learned a lesson - don't include chocolate in the summertime.  Duh!  Temperatures will be high, and chocolate will melt.  Head slap!

So...this month I got creative.  I found chapstick (sealed and individually packaged) and decided to use them as my treats.  Who doesn't use Chapstick, right?

And the Cracker & Treat box dies were perfect - look:


Sweet?  Yes!

I cut the pretty Tea Boutique patterned paper with the Cracker & Treat Box dies, folded them up and inserted the Chapstick.  I tied each end with ribbon, and then decorated them.


I love how they came out, each one different.

Once tied, I added a punched piece of cardstock in a coordinating color, then a vellum die-cut (from the Designer Tags dies), some flowers cut with different dies and colors, and then stamped and cut the greeting using Charming Sentiments and the Sentiment Silhouette dies.


Aren't they cute?

And here they are, all lined up and ready for mailing:


Check out the Cracker & Treat Box dies - They are just perfect for little treats (think Kisses, Smarties, gum balls, rolled up money, and of course, Chapstick!).



Product List

No comments: