Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Dancing Hippos for Charlotte

It's my granddaughter, Charlotte's, sixth birthday today!  

Charlotte loves to dance, so when I saw the hippo in a tutu in the Hippest Hippos set, I knew I would be using it for Charlotte.  But I needed a stage...

 So I made one:


The Silver & Gold 6" x 6" paper in the Sale-a-Bration brochure (FREE with a $50 qualifying purchase!) was perfect!  I first cut this silver-lined paper to 4" x 5-1/4", and then hand cut the shape of the curtain.  It was adhered to a piece of Basic White (also 4" x 5-1/4"), with a little strip of retired wood-look paper for the floor.


But it needed something...Lights!  The light string from the Tree Lot dies was just the thing!  I cut two in Gorgeous Grape and then added Rhinestone Basic Jewels to each little circle to look like lights.

And those hippos!  Colored with two of the Natural Blends markers (SU700 and SU900), and some purples, they were then cut out with the Hippo dies - also a FREE Sale-a-Bration offering with another $50 purchase (and SO worth it!). 


Of course we can't ignore the inside of such a cute card - the Biggest Wish stamps and a Sentiment Silhouette candle finished off the card.

Wishing Charlotte a very happy 6th birthday!  Dance away!


Product List

No comments: