Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Busy, Busy, Busy

 It's been a busy month for me, with 2 anniversaries and 4 birthdays for which I send cards.  I held an in-person stamp class and offered my Cards-by-Mail option for those who are too far away to attend.  Then there is BackStage!  What's BackStage?  It's a special meeting for Stampin' UP! leaders, and it's happening this week.  I've been so fortunate to be able to qualify for attending, and I leave for New Orleans on Wednesday.  

But with my trip comes more work...well, not exactly, as the "work" is voluntary - there is a general "swap" where demonstrators in attendance (about 500 of us) can create cards to "swap" with others.  The reason I like to swap is to get new ideas for stamps and accessories that I may not have thought of.  Swaps also allow me to show my customers stamps that I may not have purchased.  So it's a great way to expand my product offerings.  

Why am I telling you this?  Well I've been working diligently for the past week (after my in person and Cards-by-Mail offering) getting ready for my trip.  So I haven't been able to post often.  But now I have quite a back-log of card samples, and I'm going to be sharing them with you over the next several days while I am away.

First up:  one of my favorite sets in the 2022-23 Annual Catalog, Potted Geraniums:


Last week I shared a card (here) that uses the same basic lay-out as this card.  I started with a 4" x 12" piece of Designer Paper (this one from Gingham Cottage pack in the July - December 2022 Mini Catalog).  It's scored at 4-1/4"  and 9-1/2" and is adhered to a piece of Basic Black cardstock that is cut to 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (this is the card base).


Lift the top flap, and the card starts to open.  Then:


Open the bottom flap to have full access to the center panel.  (For the card I showed last week, I glued closed the side edges of the bottom flap, creating a gift card holder).

Now back to the front:



I used the Geranium dies to create the cute flower pot of flowers for the front.  I love everything about these dies - especially the little "dirt" for your flower pot!  So cute!!!


This card template is so versatile - Use any patterned paper; create a card, as this is, and decorate the front with all kinds of flowers, greetings, or die-cuts; and use it as a card or turn it into a gift-card holder.  

Give it a try - I know you'll love what you create!


Product List

No comments: