Friday, April 3, 2020

The Boys Are Back in Town

Today's challenge on Martin's Mayhem was "The Boys are back in Town".  And Stampin' UP! issued a color challenge, using one or more of the following colors:  Terracotta Tile, Grapefruit Grove, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay.  So here's a "boy" card using some of the colors:


Cool, huh?

I started by heat embossing the biker from Enjoy Life with Black embossing powder:


Then I created a sunrise by sponging Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Terracotta Tile and Night of Navy right over my biker (when you heat emboss, the ink doesn't stick!).  I also added grass, from the stamp set, with Call Me Clover.

To really make the colors and embossed image pop, I cut a frame with Basic Black using the Stitched Rectangle dies.


With a Basic Black card base, all I needed was the Call Me Clover layer to set it all off.

Why not play along?  Tomorrow's challenge will be "New and Never Used"...hmmm, I am sure I have something in my stash that I've never used.  Do you?


Product List



No comments: