Monday, April 13, 2020

Four Seasons

If you've been following my blog, you know that I have been participating in a 30-day Card-Making Challenge.  The past few days of challenges were to create cards for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.

I have completed all the cards, but due to working on a new video for you, I haven't had time to post them all.  So today's the day.  I'm going to show you all four of the cards.  I used a new (to me) stamp set - My Meadow - one that I had received last November but never pulled out.  It just seemed to work for this group of cards.  Take a look:


You gotta love a set that has such versatility!  And this one definitely has that!

Let's look at each "season" individually.

Spring:


I featured Grapefruit Grove and Granny Apple Green--two colors I associate with freshness and new growth.  I stamped the wheelbarrow with the flowers and the trees, then sponged around them.  The gingham-check paper is retired, but you can still get a similar one with the In Color 2018-2020 DSP (and these colors will be retiring soon, so don't miss out!).

Summer:


This is a fun-fold card, one I first saw on Connie Stewart's blog.  I started by adhering the Granny Apple Green gingham DSP (from the Brights collection) to the front of my card, then cutting the rectangle opening with the Stitched So Sweetly dies.

Look how it opens:


The stamped panel is on a fold-out inner piece, and actually "fits" into the opening on the front.  Cute, huh?

Again, the images, from My Meadow, were stamped, and then the area around them were sponged.

Autumn:



Same idea - stamping and sponging, then mounted on a piece of Stone embossing folder-embossed Cherry Cobbler.  The surrounding wreath was made from lots of sprigs from the Birthday dies.

Winter:


For this one, I had to bring in another stamp set, Snow Front.  I cut the Stitched Nested Label, then added a torn piece to look like a snow drift.  Then I stamped the tree, snowman, and deer, finishing with a sponged sky.

But what I love about this card is the background:


I cut a bunch of snowflakes in Seaside Spray (the background color) and adhered them, then ran the sheet through my die-cutting machine with the Subtle embossing folder.   Looks like embossed paper.  So pretty!


I also added some Shimmery Crystal Effects and Ice Stampin' Glitter to look like snow.

One set (almost), four ways.  So nice to be able to create so many different looks with just one set!


Product List
Cookie Cutter Christmas Photopolymer Stamp Set
Cookie Cutter Christmas Photopolymer Stamp Set
[142043]
$21.00



No comments: