Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Card Gift Box and a Video

I have a really cute gift box for you to make today.  A similar project was shown to me by a friend, and I worked up some measurements to create a new one.  This is a perfect box for gifting your handmade cards, and it's also useful to store your cards by type (masculine, holiday, etc) or greeting (happy birthday, thank you).

Here's a picture of two of the boxes I have recently completed; each will hold about 8 cards and envelopes.



And standing:


Want to learn how to make one?  I've filmed a video for you, but please note that this is the first time I have played with iMovie, and it's a bit rough.  However all the directions are there, and I will include measurements below.




Supplies:

Box bottom:
Cardstock measuring 8-1/2" x 9-1/2"; score on the 9-1/2" side at 1-1/4", 2-1/2", 7" and 8-1/4"
Rotate and score at 1-1/4" and 7-1/4"


Box top:
Cardstock measuring 8-1/2" x 4-5/8" (2 pieces); score each end at 1-3/16"
Designer Paper measuring 4-1/2" x 6"

Bellyband:
Cardstock measuring 1-1/2" x 8-1/2", score at 1/2", 1-7/8", 6-1/2" and 7-7/8"
Cardstock measuring 4-1/2" x 1-1/2"

Scoring board
Bone Folder
Tear & Tape Adhesive
Multipurpose Liquid Glue or SNAIL Adhesive


I hope you'll try this cute project.  Thanks for watching!


Product List



4 comments:

Ceresa said...

I love the box and your tutorial was GREAT! Thanks for taking the time to make the video. I am going to try it for my retreat, which has been rescheduled to the end of June.
Ceresa

Terrie Rowe said...

This is so great. I love the box and it can be adapted to any stamp and die kit. Thank you for doing this for us.

Sandra Hanedanian said...

I enjoyed your tutorial very much and love your cards by the way :) I don't think I could find the samples you included in the All Dressed Up box... did you post those anywhere? I'd love to see them. I can't get enough of this set. Thanks for sharing!!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Hi Sandra, thanks so much for watching my video; I'm so glad you liked it. The cards that I put in the All Dress Up Box were featured all last week on my blog, starting on 4/20. I did 4 days of cards and one day of a 3D purse. And I will be posting the cards from the other two boxes over the coming week. Please email me if you have questions; I'm always delighted to reply!