Tuesday, April 7, 2020

A Rainbow Card

Today's challenge was "taste the rainbow".  Now I know what a rainbow is, but what about that "taste" part?  Have you ever "tasted" a rainbow?  I was stumped.

So I decided to just create a card with a rainbow.  And here it is:


Using the "swish" from Beautiful You, I stamped it in Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Blueberry Bushel and Gorgeous Grape.  Unfortunately, because my stamps are wood mounted, I couldn't use my Stamparatus, but happily I still have a Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, and that worked perfectly to help me get that rainbow curve.


And then there's that greeting...so how did I get the word "brighter" to stamp in a rainbow?  That took a little effort.  I first stamped in Tuxedo Black, after covering the "brighter" with washi tape.  Then I inked up just the "brighter" using my Stampin' Write markers in my rainbow colors, "huffed" on the stamp and (again using my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig) laid down a perfectly placed word.  Whew!  


I finished with some jewels--did you know that between the Holiday Rhinestones and the Noble Peacock Rhinestones I found all the colors except Daffodil Delight?  So I just colored a clear Rhinestone with my Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends marker, and voila!  A rhinestone in every color of the rainbow!  

And there's my challenge card for today!  Thanks for visiting!

If you would like to create a similar card, I have listed all my supplies below, with links to my on-line store.  I'd love to be your Stampin' UP! demonstrator!  


Product List






No comments: