Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A Simple Thank You

The stamping community is getting very creative.  In the midst of all the crummy news we are hearing, I am picking up some great ideas about how to remain positive and enjoy my time at home.

One card-maker has suggested a "30-Day Card Making Challenge", and listed out ideas for daily projects for 30 days.  So I decided to see what I could do with the challenge, and started with Day 1:  Create a Simple Thank You.

Now I have a little difficulty with "simple"; somehow a card without layers, patterns, embossing or die-cutting or embellishments just doesn't seem worth making.  So here's my attempt at "simple":


What do you think?  Did I succeed?

This is a Whisper White Note Card (which comes with envelopes, all ready to decorate and mail), and I only used one color - Pretty Peacock.

I pulled out a brand new stamp set and coordinating dies, Ornate Thanks and the Ornate Layers dies, that will be making a debut in the new Annual Catalog to be released June 1st.  BUT, starting today, April 1, you can purchase this set as part of an early release.  AND there's more!  There's actually an entire suite of products available, the Ornate Garden Suite.   More about this below.

But first, back to my card:


I stamped the "thank you" in Pretty Peacock on Whisper White and cut it with a stitched die from the Ornate Layers set.  Then I cut another die, using Pretty Peacock cardstock--so lovely!

And using the Stamparatus, I lined up the two phrases at the top and bottom, again inking in Pretty Peacock.


I finished with some Holiday Rhinestone Jewels (still available) on each letter.

Simple?  Pretty much.

Check out this suite of products.  I think you'll love it!




Product List



No comments: