Thursday, April 2, 2020

A Red and Blue Challenge

Still playing along with Martin's Mayhem Card Making Challenge, and today we had to create something with Poppy Parade, Whisper White and Pacific Point.

Here's my color-blocked card:


I need a birthday card for my grandson this month, so THIS happened!  😁

Just a Whisper White card base with blocks of the required colors, each embossed with a fun design (and unfortunately, retired).

And then there's this - the fabulous "marquis" from Broadway Birthday:



I used my Stamparatus for this in order to get those dots on the Hooray.  Stamped first in Pacific Point ink, I then waited until it was totally dry before stamping the dots with Versamark and embossing with White embossing powder.  So festive!  And since it's a marquis, I HAD to fill in all the holes with Rhinestones!


The balloons were cut with the coordinating dies, and I stamped the strings and cut them with a die.


I think I rocked this challenge, AND my grandson will get a perfect 7-year old card!

What are you creating?


Product List


2 comments:

Sue Heekin said...

Stunning! I know quite a few people who would love this card to arrive in their mailbox...thank you for all of your creativity sharing! Sue

Priscilla Ivler said...

Thank you, Sue! With little else to do right now, I'm spending lots of time in my craft room. And having some "daily challenges" to meet is helping me fire up the creativity!