Thursday, April 9, 2020

Creating from a Sketch

I've mentioned this before, but using a card sketch can be an easy way to start the creative process.  When someone else does the work of presenting a layout, all you have to do is figure out which elements to use.

Here's a sketch I saw on Brian King's site:


And here's my card:


This month's Paper Pumpkin was SO cute!  I love the little boots that came in the "extra" stamp set.

Can you see the 3 layers that the sketch showed?  I used the Pleased as Punch Designer Series Paper that was sold during Sale-a-Bration.  My first layer is the Blushing Bride squares that I cut with the new Ornate Layers dies - gorgeous!   Then I used the cute umbrella design, cut with the Stitched So Sweetly dies.  And I finished with a Whisper White Stitched Shapes square.  Each layer was framed with Blushing Bride to help differentiate the patterns.


The boots were stamped in Smoky Slate and I used my Stamparatus to line up the "two-step" boots of flowers, stamped in Pool Party.  Then I simply cut them with my Paper Snips.  I also popped a few flowers from the designer series paper on top.


The greeting, also from the Paper Pumpkin this month, was stamped in Smoky Slate.


This card was part of my #30daycardmakingchallenge with today's challenge being "Card Sketch".

I have lots of sketches on my Pinterest page; click here to see more.

What are you creating today?


Product List


1 comment:

Sue Heekin said...

This is too cute!!! Love it, Sue