Wednesday, July 12, 2017

She Believed!

My daughter-in-law is a genius!

She's an aeronautical engineer, with a PhD from Stanford University.  She has been working for NASA, designing helicopter control panels, and getting international attention for the "swing load" program that she designed.  I have to admit, I don't even know what a "swing load" is, and have trouble spelling "aeronautical", but I'm super proud of her!

And now she has accepted a new position as a professor at the University of Portland, Oregon.  Unfortunately this involves a move away from California (and me!), but I'm truly happy for my son and his family.

And I felt that her achievements deserved some recognition...so...

What do you think?  Too corny?

I absolutely LOVE this new stamp set, This Little Piggy!  Anyone who has come to my home knows that I have flying pigs all over.  My sister can't pass a flying pig without buying it for me.  I have banks, watering cans, a mobile, magnets, and even a notebook of flying pigs.  And now I'm sounding like one of those crazy people who hoard things and have them all over their house!  Wow!  My flying pigs are actually tastefully displayed...but I digress...

Back to the card...

Isn't this the cutest?

My card base is Pink Pirouette, with a layer of Whisper White.  I took a piece of (retired) designer series paper for the front of the card, and stamped the grass from High Tide across the bottom.  Then it was on to my pig.

She was stamped, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, on a piece of Whisper White, which was cut with the Stitched Shapes framelits.  I stamped her again on Pink Pirouette, and fussy cut her out.  I also stamped her wings on white, and cut them.  Miss Piggy is adhered over the image on the oval with Glue Dots, and her wings are adhered only at the "shoulder", allowing them to pop up a little.  Then the oval is mounted to a Pink Pirouette one, cut with the Layering Ovals.

The clouds were cut with the Umbrella Weather framelits. 

Inside:
Perfect sentiment!


Product List

No comments: