Friday, July 7, 2017

Now You See It; Now You Don't

I was playing around with some new Stampin' UP! products and created this card:

I hadn't used much of the beautiful new In Color, Tranquil Tide, and I had the Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper which has this gorgeous piece highlighting that color.  I felt this would make a good masculine birthday card.  I had no idea what I wanted the card to look like, but I actually like the results.

Can you see the "Happy Birthday"?  Looking at the card directly from the front, it's difficult to see.  But turn it slightly, and the raised letters jump off the page.

I cut the words using the Happy Birthday Thinlits die and the designer paper.  I carefully saved all the cut out pieces and "rebuilt" the page, so only the letters were missing.  Then I cut another set of words using Very Vanilla, and carefully placed them in the missing space on the designer paper.  Finally I cut one more set (again in Very Vanilla) and adhered the designer paper set to the vanilla one--this was then placed over the card front, matching up the pattern.  The new Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets made it a cinch--no messy glue on these skinny letters! 

This is probably more work than most people would want to put into their card-making, but I like the end result.  All it needed was some party balloons and a banner (from Happy Birthday Gorgeous) to complete the card.


Product List

No comments: