Monday, July 24, 2017

Life's Short

When I first saw this set, Lemon Zest, in the new catalog, I asked myself "Why is this in here?"  When it was time to place my preorder, I passed right over the page.  And when I started seeing samples with it, I ran right back and placed another order...crazy, right?

For some reason, this lemon set has captured my attention, and my heart.  😍  And the fact that it has a matching punch makes it even better!  It's so easy to create a fun, striking card--and that's what we have here.

This was a Card Club card last week.  And everyone loved it!

We started with the background of sliced lemons, stamped randomly on our cardstock after stamping off once .  This was mounted to a piece of Basic Black to match our card base (the designer series paper is from the retired Fruit Stand paper), and then we had a ball stamping our lemons and punching them out.

Lemons were stamped in Daffodil Delight on Whisper White paper; one of them got the "live it with zest" treatment in Tuxedo Black.  The leaves were stamped with Pear Pizzazz and punched, and the sentiment was stamped and snipped into two parts.

A Daffodil Delight 1/4" Double Stitched Ribbon bow finished off our card.

I had a few card packets left over, so decided to make them up (I had a number of birthdays to celebrate last week and this, so they came in handy):

I expect you'll be seeing more samples with lemons...I made lots of lemonade!  😊


Product List

No comments: