Friday, July 21, 2017

Last Carols of Christmas - For Now

So this is it...Day 5 of my Carols of Christmas introduction, and I've been saving my favorite for last:

Say it with me..."Ooooooo!"

Like the card I shared on Wednesday (see it here), this has a Glossy cardstock layer where I used my "alcohol and reinker dipped cotton ball smushed on the paper" technique.  Familiar with that?  Just take a piece of Glossy cardstock, pour a little rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball, and drip a few (I used 2-3) drops of reinkers on it, then pounce the cotton ball on the glossy paper.  I started with Emerald Envy, then got a new cotton ball with Tempting Turquoise, and finished with one more cotton ball using Pacific Point ink.  As you "smush" on the glossy paper it begins to blend, and ends up SO pretty!

Now, "pretty" is NOT how I would describe my fingers/nails after doing this technique.  If you don't like inky fingers, you might want to consider holding your cotton ball with a clothespin or wearing rubber gloves.  I like to play with this technique before I shower--I can always get the ink off by washing my hair!  :)  But I digress...

Once my background dried, I took the framelit dies (Card Front Builder dies) and cut some trees with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.  Let's say it again..."Oooooo"...

The trees are placed on "hills" of Whisper White cardstock, cut with the Swirly Scribbles thinlits.  And my deer is Basic Black (like the base of the card), cut with the Card Front Builder dies.

Oh, that greeting...

...stamped with Versamark ink on Basic Black cardstock and embossed with White Embossing Powder.  Then paper snipped into three parts, and mounted directly on the pretty, glossy background, so it looks like it's part of the card base.

Like it?  Please let me know...

Want this stamp set for your very own?  It's coming your way on August 1st, so contact me to place your order.  But if you just can't wait, join my team now and this set will be included as a FREE gift from Stampin' UP!  Add the framelits to your Starter Kit and you'll be making Christmas cards in no time!  AND if you join during July you'll also get another $52 worth of basic products--Grid Paper, SNAIL adhesive, Paper Snips, TWO "D" acrylic blocks for your clear or photopolymer stamps, and a Bone Folder - did I say FREE?  That comes to over $170 worth of products for your $99 Starter Kit.  And shipping is FREE!  Wow!  Why wouldn't you take advantage of this offer?

Click here to join.  Or click on a product photo below and go straight to my on-line store where you can order supplies used on this card--you'll be ready to start creating when you order your Carols of Christmas set on August 1st!


Product List


No comments: