Friday, July 14, 2017

Mermaid in a Bottle

One of the new stamp sets I purchased is Message in a Bottle.  Now this is the type of stamp set that I NEVER buy...so why did this one get to me?  Frankly I'm not exactly sure why, but I have to say I was captured by the little images.  They are SO charming!

So I reached for this set when I had time to play the other day, and here is what I created:

Have you ever seen a mermaid floating in a bottle?  Me either, but I thought she was perfect for this card.
Look how cute she is!

I stamped the bottle using Smoky Slate ink on Whisper White cardstock.  The water was stamped with Pool Party, and the mermaid with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Then I colored her with Blender pens and a variety of inks.

After stamping the sentiment, I cut out the image with the Layering Squares Framelits, layering the white on Pool Party, and then another layer of Tranquil Tide cut with one of the scalloped squares.

The card base is Thick Whisper White.  The DSP is from Delightful Daisy, and I used the Flourish Thinlits and Tranquil Tide cardstock to cut the pattern on the edges.

The finishing touch is the adorable little bow from the 2017-2019 In Color Bitty Bows.

What is cuter than a mermaid in a bottle? 

Click on the product photo and you'll be taken to my online store:


Product List

No comments: