Monday, July 10, 2017

Happy Birthday Gorgeous!

Sometimes I overlook the little elements that are included in the stamp sets that I use.  When I bought Happy Birthday Gorgeous, I was looking at the sentiments and the terrific fonts, and didn't focus on the flowers.  But as I started to play, and needed an embellishment for a card, I suddenly realized how wonderful these are...look:

I was using the Happy Birthday thinlits dies and needed something to finish off my card.  They are sweet perfection!

Tranquil Tide is the card base, with a layer of Pool Party.  The designer series paper is Delightful Daisy--I love the shading of the paper, giving it a dimensional feel.

The thinlits were cut with Tranquil Tide and adhered to a panel of Whisper White. But look at that cute trim along the bottom:

That's a new punch:  the Decorative Ribbon Border punch.  Pretty, huh?

So back to those flowers.  I needed something to dress up this card, just a little, without taking away from the die-cut words.  And those little flowers were the perfect touch!

I stamped the leaves in Lemon Lime Twist, cut one of them out, and stamped the flowers in Powder Pink and Berry Burst.  The flowers were fussy cut (thank heavens for my Paper Snips!), and mounted with Dimensionals.  And I finished them off with Glitter Enamel Dots, using the Berry Burst colors.

Pretty, eh?


Product List

2 comments:

Ruthie Graen said...

I love your card for many of the same reasons you had. Being cased for class, I will give credit!!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Ruthie; so glad you like it! Please CASE away. And thanks for the comment.