Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Joy to the World!

This week pays tribute to the new Carols of Christmas set, available August 1st.   I've been sharing samples made with this set, and will continue all week long.  If you missed any of the previous samples, click here and here.

Today I will share a card using a lovely technique on Glossy White Cardstock:

This is SOOO pretty in real life!

I started by taking a piece of Glossy cardstock and putting 70% rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball.  Then I added two drops of reinker.  First I used Emerald Envy and just "splatted" the cotton ball onto the paper.  Next I repeated the process with a new cotton ball and Tempting Turquoise ink.  And finally, once more with Pacific Point.  I was going for an "earth from space" look--did I succeed?  Well, if not, it still came out beautiful!

Peace on Earth was stamped on Whisper White cardstock using Pacific Point ink; while the ink was still wet (you have to move quickly) I sprinkled it with Clear Embossing Powder, and heat set it with my Heat Tool.  The piece was cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits, and a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper was cut using the Layering Circles (the largest scalloped circle) and added as a layer.

The card base is Pacific Point; there's a skinny layer of Whisper White, just to make the colors pop.

I finished this card with two strands of retired Silver Sequin Trim (I don't have the silver mini sequins yet), a "scrunchie" of Silver Thread (under the bow--hard to see in this photo) and a bow of Whisper White Classic Weave ribbon.  So pretty!

Are you beginning to crave this set yet?  Well it will be available to purchase on August 1st.  If you've made a purchase in July, you probably have Bonus Days Coupons to spend; what a great way to use them!

Can't wait?  Well how about joining my team?  The Carols of Christmas stamp set will be included FREE in your Starter Kit, and you can even choose the framelits as part of your kit!  And remember, there's another bonus in July--all new demonstrators also get a FREE Essentials Gift Pack including Paper Snips, SNAIL Adhesive, Grid Paper, two D Blocks (one for you and one for a stamping friend!), and a Bone Folder.  That's an additional $52 in FREE product!  What a time to join!  

Come back tomorrow for another card using this wonderful set; and if you want to get one of your own now, click here to join Stampin' UP!

Product List

No comments: