Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Message(s) in a Bottle

Here's a cute, quick card with lots of meaning...

Message in a Bottle is such a cute stamp set.  I shared my Mermaid in a Bottle (here) and am still playing with it.

I saw this stamp and knew I needed to make a beach scene.  And here it is - my message in a bottle in the sand!

The Serene Scenery paper stack is retired, but I had this piece of "beach" left over.  Couldn't let it go to waste, so it became my resting place for my bottle.

The bottle was stamped on a piece of Window Sheet, using Staz On Jet Black ink (retired); it was snipped by hand.  The "I Love You" message ball was stamped and also hand snipped (really not as hard as it looks), and the cork was stamped with Soft Suede ink and cut out.

I needed a way to place the clear bottle over the message without having any adhesive show, and I did it by making a little slit in my designer series paper and sticking the edge of the bottle through it; then I taped it from the back.  And there is one small glue dot on the cork--worked perfectly!  Bonus:  it looks like the bottle is partially buried in the sand!

To assemble it all, I cut the designer series paper to 5" x 5" and mounted it to a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock (5" x 10", and scored/folded in half).

Then I stamped the sentiment and flagged the end using the Classic Label punch.

I love Message in a Bottle!  Can't wait to create more...stay tuned!


Product List
Jet Black Stazon Ink Pad
Jet Black Stazon Ink Pad
[101406]
$9.00
Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack
Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack
[141642]
$10.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25



No comments: