Monday, May 1, 2023

Sometimes Life Gets in the Way

Yes it does!  I had just come home from a lovely week-long vacation and was excited about crafting with some of my new pre-order goodies.  I made cards (see below) and then took a dinner break.  But before we could get dinner ready, I had a call from my daughter-in-law that my son was very ill and was headed to the hospital in an ambulance.  We needed to come watch the grandkids.  And off we ran.

The good news:  my son is OK.  He got home around 3:30 a.m.

The bad news:  I'm late for my post today.  Getting in at 4:00,  I decided I needed to sleep instead of doing a blog post 😴

But I wanted to show you some cards!  So:


 Being in a creative mood, I made three cards using the same (mostly) products:  the Timeless Arrangements stamps and dies, and Berry Burst, a new (returning) color, available tomorrow.

Let's look at them individually:


First I made a fairly quick and easy card, getting my mojo back after a week off!  I cut a piece of Berry Burst cardstock with two of the Radiating Stitches dies and added some greenery and a greeting inside the frame.


Then I had the Berry Burst rectangle that was left from the card above.  I adhered it to a piece of the new Bright & Beautiful patterned paper and cut a smaller piece of Basic White with another of the Radiating Stitches dies.  (This is a very versatile set of dies!  Available in the OnLine Exclusives).


I stamped a greeting in Berry Burst ink, and stamped and colored three sets of flowers, using Stampin' Blends.  And check out all that greenery!  Cut with a few of the dies in Granny Apple Green and Parakeet Party.  LOVE!


I tied up the flowers with a double bow of Linen Thread and added a few Glossy Dots, and then I got to thinking:


I loved the background paper for the second card, so I went back through my stack and found this piece, shades of ombre Berry Burst.  I got busy cutting lots of leafy pieces, and stamped and colored even more (thanks to Gail Ellis for the arrangement ideas).  The greeting is heat-embossed in white.  I also added a bunched-up piece of Simply Elegant Trim in silver.


My colors for this card were Berry Burst, Bubble Gum (💗), Azure Afternoon and Parakeet Party.   I love this bright pop of colors against the subtle background.


This card would be for a bit more "avid" crafter, but it really wasn't difficult.  I just had to play with all the elements to get the card balanced.  

And I finished with some Rhinestone Basic Jewels for a little sparkle.  


The new 2023-24 Annual Catalog will go live tomorrow!  Timeless Arrangements and Berry Burst will make their debut, and orders can be placed here.  I'm so excited!  Aren't you?  


Product List

No comments: