Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Playing with Daisies

 Have you seen all the samples of cards using the Cheerful Daisies set?  This was one of the pre-order sets that demonstrators could order back in April, prior to the go-live of the new 2023-24 Annual Catalog.  

But I didn't get it 😮. Can you believe it?  

Somehow, at the time, it really didn't appeal to me.  Sure there were pretty flowers.  And yes, there were great greetings.  And yeah, the dies were wonderful.  But I had a daisy punch (retired) and didn't think I needed a daisy set.

And then the samples started rolling in.  

And it was then that I knew that I had made my first mistake (thanks to Lyle Lovett!) 😁

So I ordered it, and then this happened:


Oh my, I'm in love!  Yes, with the daisies that I didn't think I needed!

But I'm in love with more than just the daisies - this whole card has me feeling happy!  


First the colors - Parakeet Party (one of my favorites!) with Basic White and Lemon Lolly...a breath of spring!

Then the background - my first play with the Exposed Brick embossing folder - 💗


Then the layered daisies...the dies are fabulous!  

But look at that greeting!  Can't overlook the Wanted to Say dies!  More love!

And finally the pearls - 2022-24 In Color Pearls, a perfect color green to match the Parakeet Party.


Fortunately I can learn from my mistakes!  I'm so glad I reconsidered the Cheerful Daisy bundle.  And if you haven't gotten it yet, you should reconsider too...I know you'll be glad you did.


Product List

No comments: