Monday, May 15, 2023

Reach for the Stars

 Ever have one of those stamp sets that just speaks to you?  One that you decide you have to have, even though you really can't exactly say why?

Reach for the Stars is one of those sets for me.  Maybe because I grew up with the "space race", and watched when Neil Armstrong made that "one small step" on the moon.  Maybe because I have a grandson who was enamored with the planets when he was only 3 years old.  Maybe because my daughter-in-law is an aeronautical engineer.  And maybe it's because I absolutely fell in love with the coordinating Designer Series Paper.

I don't know...but I just had to get this set.  And then I had to create with it.  

But I wanted to use that DSP - so I pulled out an old card template, the 2-4-6-8 fold card.  And here is what I made:


Look at that great background paper!  I started with a piece that was cut to 5-1/4" x 12", and I scored it at 2", 4", 6" and 8".  I "accordion-folded" it, and attached it to a piece of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"  Basic Black cardstock.  



I adhered the two inside panels from the back, so I had two narrow "pages" which then opened to the inside of the card.  


This gave me lots of space to add some fun greetings.  And was perfect for the astronaut and the space shuttle!

And I made three of them!


These were my "non-traditional" Mother's Day cards for my daughter and two daughters-in-law - three totally amazing women!  

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!  


Product List

No comments: