Thursday, October 8, 2020

Scrappy Birthday

 Today is my "baby's" birthday.   

Last week I was playing with the Scrappy Strip technique and made a background that I loved.  So it became his card:


Now truth be told, I made the main layer and then got a little stuck on what to do next.  So what do you do when you get stuck?  

I turned to Pinterest!  And there I saw a card by Connie Collins (who happens to be a Stampin' UP Artisan) and it got me going in the right direction.  She had a circle element with the Cajun Craze label, and then I took it from there.


The "Happy" is from a retired set of Christmas dies that I NEVER used!  Can you believe it?  But somehow it was just the right moment to pull it out and cut it, using a piece of the In Good Taste patterned paper (which I had also used for the background).  The leaves were cut with the Nature's Roots dies (and you can emboss them too!).

And that background:


I cut strips of many of the In Good Taste papers on a diagonal, then mounted them to a piece of Early Espresso cardstock.  Once completed I cut to size using the Stitched Rectangle dies.  


Such a nice masculine card!  

So Happy Birthday, Matt!  

Have you tried the Scrappy Strip Technique yet?  Give it a go - you'll love the results!


Product List

No comments: